Wow, it sucks that Paul is sick, and while I am sure the quotes today will help him mend, I think we all need to be thinking about our own health. Cold and flu season is one the way, not to mention the omnipresent threat of Ebola, Hanta, and super-smallpox. So, with all this in mind, I thought I would create a thread where we can post all of our favorite Stallone quotes, this way--if we feel ill--the remedy is within our grasp! In fact, not to come off hyperbolic, but we may have found the key to immortality--the Philosopher's Stallone, if you will.
"I really am a manifestation of my own fantasy."
"You're not gonna die!"--Cliffhanger
"I could have killed 'em all, I could've killed you. In town you're the law, out here it's me. Don't push it! Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe. Let it go. Let it go!"--Rambo
Sly could totally pull that off, no doubt in my mind.
...out to him and says, "Mr. Scheer, sorry I am late for our interview."
That's when I snapped back to consciousness.
Now, I am not trying to say this was true religious ecstasy, but I don't know how else to describe it. If nothing else, it gives me hope. It gives me hope...
I need to go home and hug my son.
Guys, you won't believe this. I was sitting at work and my eyes rolled back in my head. Suddenly, I started to spasm. This is what a saw:
A dark room. Paul hanging from his wrists. He was in bad shape. A man, tall and imposing, stands beside him with a heavy stick dripping with thick, dark blood. The man raises it over his head, veins popping in his forearms. Suddenly, a sound stays his hand. More sounds, like firecrackers. The door splinters. Through swollen eyes and a river of blood, Paul sees a figure, a man's silhouette ringed in a corona of light, filling the doorway. Paul's attacker makes a lunge for him. Too slow. With agility and ability too quick to be considered human, the figure dispatches him. A flash of light licks the edge of a twelve-inch knife and Paul slumps to the ground as his bonds are cut. He rubs his wrists. In a dry voice he tries to croak out a thank you. It doesn't come out. A hand is held out to him. Then an all too familiar voice calls ou
"the deification of the one and only Sylvester Stallone"
LET US PROCLAIM,
THE MYSTALLONE OF FAITH!
That's certainly a concern, and I briefly entertained the idea that we should infiltrate the Landmark Forum and get him out of there. However, after some reflection, I think the more likely outcome is Paul will end up converting them to his/our cause--the deification of the one and only Sylvester Stallone. With the full might of the Landmark Forum at his back there will be no stopping him, and soon the world will have to come face to face with the TRUTH! I am ready!
Agreed. I just hope he gets out of Connie's place without too much struggle. If they harm one clear hair on his head....
So...if Paul's plan is "Bible 2," would that make this thread like the new Proverbs? If so, I am so on board.
Thanks, Cameron! Just trying to do my part!
Good ones, jon!
"When I was in junior high school, the teachers voted me the student most likely to end up in the electric chair." --Sylvester Stallone
I'll bet those teachers were the ones who were SHOCKED.....about how famous Sly got. I'm sure they've all passed on at this point, regardless.
Here's one that applies to those haters out there:
"There's a natural law of karma that vindictive people, who go out of their way to hurt others, will end up broke and alone."
Let that sink in, naysayers.
You're better than that!” – Rocky Balboa
• “We are the shadows and the smoke, we rise. We are the ghosts that hide in the night.” – The Expendables
• “You have to grab life by the throat and squeeze before it grabs you by your neck and breaks it. Own your destiny.”—Stallone
• “ I got will and I got faith. I believe you can will yourself in anything and do anything. And faith, that is like believing in something, man that's like having a good disease. It's contagious, if you hang around with people who have it you're gonna catch it, and its gonna change your attitude.” –Driven
• “Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you're hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're b
• “Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off!” – First Blood
• “Nothing is real if you don't believe in who you are!” – Rocky III
• “To survive a war, you gotta become war.” –Rambo: First Blood Part II
• “Going in one more round when you don't think you can - that's what makes all the difference in your life.” Rocky IV
• “You're the disease, and I'm the cure.” Cobra
• “The world meets nobody halfway. When you want something, you gotta take it.” – Over the Top
• “Come on, you know, Mickey used to say a fight ain't over till you heard the bell.” – Rocky V
• “I didn't hear no bell...”—Rocky V
• “ I've got to fight, ok. I've got a problem. I've got to fight” –Rocky V
• “What are you bitching about?” –Antz
• “ I got will and I got faith. I believe you can will yourself in anything and do anything. And faith, that is like believing in something, man that's like having a good disease. It's con